Newspapers are stupid
Ok so to go along with the whole Fox and CBS indoctrinating young viewers, I think I know why newspapers are slipping with our demographic.
Everyone says that we don't read the paper. If you wanted to read the paper how would you? You could get the Rome News-Tribune daily. Do you care about Rome? No. If you were at UGA would you get the Athens Banner-Herald? No.
College kids are almost always from somewhere else. We don't care about towns we don't know about or have any connetions to.
Would I subscribe to the Atlanta paper? Yes. However, if you try to pay money for a subscription, they say that you can either get a 2 or 3 day old paper in you mailbox everyday or buy the current paper at the box outside Krannert.
Do I want to pay .50 a day for paper? That will add up quick. Laundry money is important to college kids.
So the options for college kids are a three day old paper or pay news stand price every day. DUH!?! No wonder we don't read the paper!
Sophomore year I paid for a New York Times subscription. I decided that I did not want to continue my subscription for a number of reasons. The paper arrived in a box everyday outside Krannert. How far away is New York? If the NY Times can get the paper to Rome Georgia every day, why can't the AJC?
If the AJC can bring papers to a .50 a day box, why can't they have a subscriber box?
Maybe college students don't read the paper because we are a hip, new generation. Maybe we just want some customer service.
Everyone says that we don't read the paper. If you wanted to read the paper how would you? You could get the Rome News-Tribune daily. Do you care about Rome? No. If you were at UGA would you get the Athens Banner-Herald? No.
College kids are almost always from somewhere else. We don't care about towns we don't know about or have any connetions to.
Would I subscribe to the Atlanta paper? Yes. However, if you try to pay money for a subscription, they say that you can either get a 2 or 3 day old paper in you mailbox everyday or buy the current paper at the box outside Krannert.
Do I want to pay .50 a day for paper? That will add up quick. Laundry money is important to college kids.
So the options for college kids are a three day old paper or pay news stand price every day. DUH!?! No wonder we don't read the paper!
Sophomore year I paid for a New York Times subscription. I decided that I did not want to continue my subscription for a number of reasons. The paper arrived in a box everyday outside Krannert. How far away is New York? If the NY Times can get the paper to Rome Georgia every day, why can't the AJC?
If the AJC can bring papers to a .50 a day box, why can't they have a subscriber box?
Maybe college students don't read the paper because we are a hip, new generation. Maybe we just want some customer service.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home