Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Is blogging dangerous to job seekers?

Here is a really interesting article about a grad student at Harvard who writes about why we blog. She is concerned about her blog hurting her job chances. According to two articles, "Bloggers Need Not Apply" and "They shoot messengers, don't they?", blogging can hurt you as you apply for jobs. This professor Ivan Tribble really criticizes bloggers asking why? Why do we take the risk of publishing our thoughts on the internet?
Personally, I think he needs a stickfromthebutt-ectomy.
I am usually close minded and this guy even looks close-minded to me.

But back to the original article, she decides that blogging shouldn't hurt your job prospects. She had one professor tell her to never post pictures of your pet online because this is unprofessional and a potential employer might see. What is wrong with these people?

I think that in the communications field, blogging can only help my job prospects. After all, if MSN.com posts job listing for bloggers, being blog-savvy can only help me. Right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home