NYT and Blubber

So the barnacles live on the whale. The whale is the New York Times and bloggers are the barnacles. The barnacles can't live with out whales, but the whale is dying. What can you do?
The NYT has tried the Times Select and I don't think it is working very well.
The reason people like online news is the fact that it is free. We aren't going to pay for the NYT even if it is the best. Where is the money on the web? Google, Yahoo etc.
Why not charge them? The NYT gives free RSS feeds to MY Yahoo users. Why don't they charge for RSS feeds? If my Yahoo wants to use the NYT, they can pay. All that Google and Yahoo do is take other people's work and tell people where it is and make money off of it by selling ads and profiling people. If the NYT charges Yahoo, as the EXCLUSIVE provider of NYT RSS feeds, it helps Yahoo and the NYT. That could probably help keep the whales a float.
Personally, I think RSS feeds are the future of Internet news. We want it our way after all.
Instead newspapers think that they can just put "Comments Here" at the end of their stories and get the people. Brilliant. I just don't understand how they can be this stupid. Wait, yes I can. I've already said it in a previous post.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home